Recognition from the Silver Falcons.
Silver Falcons Photographer for “Harmony of Color in Flight”
Featured Photographer in US Based HeliWeb Magazine
Photography for Pilatus’ International 2016 Calendar
In the beginning of 2011, the late Frans Dely and myself went to work on a revolutionary new Magazine. The magazine was going to focus on the photographic aspect of aviation. Frans as Editor and myself as Chief Photographer put together what was to become something great, sadly Frans was killed in the Tzaneen Albatross crash in August 2011. The magazine only ever published one issue.
“Aviation photographer Justin de Reuck has an awesome job: rather than do photo shoots in the comfort of a studio, he hops into fighter jets to photograph other airplanes in flight. This behind-the-scenes video shows him at work, snapping images while zipping around above the clouds and battling G-forces. The photographs that resulted from this shoot can be seen here.”
In December 2011 and 2013 I was asked by Canon South Africa to give a presentation on aviation photography at The Canon SA Expo in Sandton, Gauteng.
“Another highlight of the expo included ongoing, informative presentations by a selection of the country’s top professional photographers, including Liam Lynch, Clinton Lubbe, Brian Worley, Riaan Manser, Manus van Dyk, Heinrich van den Bergh, Richard du Toit, Justin de Reuck, Craig Dutton and David Oosthuizen.”
Cape Argus Front Page 30 November 2011
Articles that appeared in two major national Afrikaans newspapers:
CAPE TOWN. – In order to take photos under the load of G-forces up to seven times the force of gravity from the cockpit of jet, is no joke.
says Justin de Reuck, an aviation photographer from Durbanville.
De Reuck the end of last year had the opportunity to board one of three brand new L39-jets in formation over the skies of Cape Town in order to capture them on film.
The team was especially formed for the top secret launch of the German car manufacturers, Porsche 911 Carerra S.
De Reuck, a freelance photographer since 2006 for various aviation publications was instructed to capture the aircraft’s maneuvers.
The result is a series of stunning photographs of jets in the air over Table Bay turning somersaults.
De Reuck, the gravity in the cockpit during maneuvers up to seven times above the normal increase that the taking of photographs made very demanding.
“The first few times you can to some, but you are really used to it eventually.
“Your camera is very heavy. It is extremely difficult to position the camera while keeping many of the movements, but when the gravity decreases, the lens can focus and shoot. ”
The composition of the photos was a challenge.
De Reuck was in constant communication with his pilot and the pilots of the two other jets, airplanes that he could for his position shots.
De Reuck also a video of his experience in the cockpit of the jet taken. He has the video posted on Facebook with a link to his website.
“The response was overwhelming. Within two weeks I had over 6000 visits to my website had, “he said Wednesday.) De Reuck’s website can be visited at www.justindereuck.com.
Poster for Silver Falcons Team 71
* Images published in SA Flyer; UK Flyer, African Pilot, Global Aviator, Airshow Book and Avpix magazines.
* Photographer and Photojournalist for SA Flyer Magazine
* Cape Town Photographer and correspondent for African Pilot
* Chief Photographer for Avpix Magazine, Avpix Publishing (Frans Dely)
* Contributing Photographer for Smoke On…Go! (2010 and 2011)
* Chief Photographer for Smoke On…Go! (2012 – 2016)
* Silver Falcons photographer for “Harmony of Color in Flight”
*Speaker and presenter at two Canon Expos and two Canon Road Shows.
* Robin Coss Aviation,
* The Silver Falcons Teams 70 through to 79
* Cape Town Flight Training Centre
* SAAB Gripen NG inaugural flight to UK
* Breitling Wing Walking Team,
* Air Mercy Services,
* Working on Fire,
* Titan Helicopters.
* The Flying Lions
* The launch of the new airline, Fly Safair
* First African commissioned Bell helicopter shoot of the Bell 407GX
* NAC (National Airways Corporation)
* Banner towing shoot for Sky Messaging
* Photographer for the maiden flight of the AHRLAC (client: Aerosud)
*Covered events for media and clients:
* Gyro World Record Event
* Africa Aerospace and Defense Expo 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016
* TFDC 2007, 2009, 2012
* Chalkie Stobbarts World Record Attempt
* SAAF Wings Parade 2011
* 75 Years of the DC-3 Dakota
* Swellendam, Stellenbosch, Swartkops, Rand, Durban, Waterkloof, Ysterplaat and Port Elizabeth Airshows
* Flying Legends at Duxford UK 2010
* Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford, UK 2010
* Farnborough International Airshow 2010
* SAAB Gripen New Generation inaugural flight to UK 2010
* Sling around the World record attempt
* Silver Falcons 40th anniversary
* The Runway is Wet – Flying Lions water-skiing stunt
* EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2012 / 2014
* Silver Falcons 45th Anniversary
* Torre Aerobatic Formation Team
* Photos for head office of Mango.com
* Photos for Head Office for South African Airways
Front Cover and Images for Smoke On…Go! 2012 and 2013
Article for SA Flyer Nov 2012, Silver Falcons
Front Cover and Images for Time Flies 2013